Micro Insurance is purchased by agricultural producers, farmers and others to protect themselves against either the loss of their crops due to natural disasters, such as hail, drought, and floods. Micro insurance is a newly emerging type of insurance in Nepal. In case of Micro Insurance, farmers are liable to pay only 25% of the total premium; remaining 75% is subsidized by the Nepal Government so that most of the farmers are benefited by this policy. Micro Insurance includes:

  1. Crops Insurance
  2. Fruits Insurance
  3. Vegetable Insurance
  4. Fish Insurance
  5. Cattle Insurance
  6. Birds Insurance and
  7. Bee Insurance